Get Your Lost Emirates ID Replaced within 24 Hours - Here's What You Need to Know About Eligibility and Cost!
Get a new Emirates ID within 24 hours if you lose it. Here’s what you need to know about who is eligible and how much it will cost.
Let’s say that most people would panic if they lost this important document. But thanks to a service called “Fawri,” users can get a replacement in 24 hours. This service is offered by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security for an extra fee. Here’s all the information you need:
Who is eligible for the ‘Fawri’ service? What can it be used for?
Fawri’ is available to UAE citizens and GCC citizens who live in the UAE. The same is open to people of all ages. It can be used to give out Emirates ID cards for the first time, renew cards that have run out of time, or replace cards that have been lost or damaged.
Expats who are not from the GCC can use the service to get a new ID card if they lose or damage their old one.
What should I do if I lose, have my card stolen, or it gets broken?
If your card is lost or stolen, go to the nearest ICP Customer Happiness Centre with proof of who you are and report the loss or theft. This will stop the card from working. If your card is broken, bring the old one with you just in case.
What should I bring with me to use the service?
- UAE nationals: Original valid passport and family book
- GCC nationals: Document proving residency in UAE
- Expat residents: Original passport stamped with valid residency permit
*If the lost ID is for a child under 15, the parent must bring the child’s original birth certificate and a color passport photo with a white background.
How does it work?
- Go to one of ICA’s Customer Happiness Centres and fill out an application form. You could also get the UAE ICP app from iTunes or Google Play and ask for a new ID card that way.
- Pay the price
- ICP will send the applicant a text message telling them how their application is going and when they can expect it to arrive. When the express service application is turned in, the ID card will be sent out within 24 hours.
- When you receive notification that the card is available, contact Emirates Post to organise receipt of the card.
What does it cost?
To replace a lost or damaged Emirates ID, applicants must pay Dh300 along with an application fee of Dh70 if applying through a typing centre. However, the online application cost (eForm) is Dh40. The express service cost is an additional Dh150.